Re: [OM] 100/2.8 or 85/2

Subject: Re: [OM] 100/2.8 or 85/2
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 16:04:12 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/99 2:53:50 PM EST, siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< But how's the difference between these two? I can always move in
 closer with the 85, but moving back would not be too easy all the time.
 How much is 15mm anyway?

It certainly depends on the size of the location you have for taking
portraits. Try it with any brand zoom you have that covers 85 to say, 135mm.
See where you like to stand, where you _can_ stand due to size of room,
lighting conditions, etc, and note the lens setting. I chose 85mm to keep it
tight and intimate. A lot of people like 90 or 100mm. Some even like it all
the way up to 135mm. Whatever works for you and your situation is the right
answer for you.

George s.