Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #903

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #903
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 22:56:58 -0700 (PDT)
re. LCDs as aperture control
Here's my (admittedly cursory) analysis:
--would require batts in lens: weight...I like my Zuikos light;
--if batt dies, you're stuck at default opening, whether open or closed;
--additional hardware/software: see above;
--LCDs tend to turn black in temp extremes: no Saharan/Alpine shots;
--another 'element' to bounce light;
--not compatible with older bodies: a great thing about Oly and N!k0n is
that you can use almost any lens on any body;
--as another poster mentioned, LCD won't be black, thus reflecting light
inside lens: flare anyone?
--fragile
--present lens are, for all practical purposes, infinitely adjustable
aperture-wise, so what's the use of LCD? For same cost, Oly could add
another blade or two, and still maintain compatibility across bodies

Anyone care to add/subtract to the above?

--
<humming intro riff to Straits' /Money For Nothing ... />