[OM] Lens tests costs... a response

Subject: [OM] Lens tests costs... a response
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 15:23:59 EDT
Hi all:

I'm rather humbled at the response that has come in on this subject.  I HAVE
noticed, but was a bit too embarrased to acknowledge this in public.  I do
want folks to know that I'm moved by their support of a project in which I
tried to forget what it was costing, least I give up on the effort.  To date,
I've shot 718 frames, excluding the Canon FD lenses.  At least 10 List
subscribers has contributed lenses to this community effort, with all but one
shipping their inventory to Las Vegas.  I've had two Vanna White's and a
Vinny White doing the Post-it Note aperture circling effort.

Some folks have wondered where this "support fund" idea was heading and who
was coordinating.  I'm exploring that via private e-mail . . .

This was truely a community effort!  Since it got out of hand financially,
I'm open to the community support that has been offered.  In exchange, I
promise to finish the effort with respect to all the Zuikos produced for the
OM System.

With a big Thank You,
Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV