Re: [OM] bounce tips

Subject: Re: [OM] bounce tips
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 09:26:03 EDT
In a message dated 5/5/99 1:09:07 AM EST, siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  I think I read somewhere about bounce taking up ~2 stops
 of light. In any case, I'll be trying out different setting this week.
 BTW, what is the use of the down bounce?
 Siddiq

 -- >>
        How many stops of light are taken up by bounce is dependent on the
room size, the relectance of the walls or ceiling, (are they white?), the
distance  to the subject, etc. 1 1/2 to 2 stops may be about right.  You must
experiment with each situation until you get a feel for your camera and
flash, and their limitations. Then it will come easier.
        The use of the "down bounce" is for a subject that is very close to
the front of the lens (macro) with the flash mounted on the hot shoe, of
course.

George S.