Re: [OM] looking for a small ballhead.

Subject: Re: [OM] looking for a small ballhead.
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 19:20:25 -0400
Even the lowly Slick lightly pod ( or something like that) has a ball head.
It screws off and is interchangeable with the tilt pan head of the Slick
tripods.
I sometimes use the mini ball head from the monopod on the tripod,
if the lens is short enough.  Not the greatest camera supports around but
they support a OM2 with a 50 or 85 mm lens.
If your monopod head comes off you can put a ball head or a pan / tilt on
it.

<<I have been doing a lot of shooting recently using a Velbron monopod.
In the Olympus tradition, this is a lean, mean solution to the problme
of too little light and too many mm's of focal length.  I've been very
happy with it...

except.

except when the urge strikes me to use a vertical composition.

On the monopod, I'm stuck at horizontal.  I'd really like to be able to
flip from horizontal to vertical (and be rock solid in either
configuration.

Surely such a gadget must exist.  Any pointers?

...a hinge would do...>>