Re: [OM] Be Ware of Photographic Photo & Video!

Subject: Re: [OM] Be Ware of Photographic Photo & Video!
From: Bob Sull <w8imo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 07:51:19 -0400
"George M. Anderson" wrote:

> Tomoko;
>
> It seems to be an unfortunate fact of life that almost every camera
> dealer in New York is basically a THIEF.
>
> I had not heard of Photographic, but I had was burned by Cambridge
> camera 11 years ago and learned my lesson. Which is:  don't buy from any
> store except ** B&H or Adorama **.  And sometimes even Adorama will try
> to get away with little things.
>
> If you paid by credit card, call the bank immediately and dispute the
> charge.  You may have to fight to get your money back.  Especially the
> $49.00 "Special Delivery."  Good luck.

There seems to be a small number of reputable mail order houses in NY.....  Two
(2).....  Adorama and B&H on alpha order.  The rest are iffy at best.......

My daughter works in the credit card business as a mediator.  Before your bank
will
help you, you must have documented an attempt to let the merchant correct the
problem.

Try a registered, return receipt, letter.  Cost is around $3 but worth every
penny.

Bob

--
                   //////