Re: [OM] Would somebody please help me?

Subject: Re: [OM] Would somebody please help me?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 00:01:09 +0200
José Igor González Aguirre wrote:

:In a very strange way, my life has turned into photography, so I  am a
:beginer (but I mean, a really beginer) about the photographic issue.
:Recently, I just have bought an Olympus 35 RD (In 200 pesos, that is about
:20 dollars), and I do not know what all the buttons and rings on it do... I
:don't even know if I can interchange the lenses....
:I am really interested in learning...  If somebody could help me... I'd be
:very happy
:Is there a place in the web where I can get an owner mannual or something
:like that?.
:Does someone knows about somewhere in the web where I could be «iniciated?

You may wish to check:

http://cameraquest.com/olyrd.htm

The RD does *not* have an interchangeable lens. But the 40mm/F1.7 is very
versatile and has a high quality too.
It has shutter speed priority automatic exposure (you set the shutter speed
on the lens with the ring that has the B,2,4..500 markers, the camera
selects the aperture). For this mode, the aperture ring (closest to the
camera) must be set to 'A'. The film speed must be manually set.
There's also a manual mode, but without metering; that is, there is
viewfinder info about the current aperture/shutter speed settings, but no
info what the correct shutter speed is. For this mode, you set the aperture
ring to the desired aperture and the shutter speed ring to the desired
shutter speed.
A nice option is the flashmatic system - you set the flash guide number on
the camera, the camera automatically selects the aperture based on subjects
distance. For this mode you set the aperture ring to the flash symbol.
I guess you are familiar with rangefinder focusing? The mercury 625 cell
(1.35V) may be a problem to find; if you find them, buy a couple of them.

Hans