Re: [OM] Don't forget the body

Subject: Re: [OM] Don't forget the body
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 20:30:58 +0800
----------
> From: Adrian Chinery <adrian.chinery@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: 'olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
> Subject: [OM] Don't forget the body
> Date: Tuesday, April 27, 1999 5:11 PM

> 1. Focusing screen not positioned at the same distance from the lens as
the
> film plane. Therefore although the image appears in focus on the screen
the
> image captured on the film is not. There has recently been a discussion
> regarding the use of other manufacturers screens in OM bodies. I wonder
if
> the thickness of these screen differs from the Olympus originals and
whether
> this causes focussing inaccuracies.

I didn't notice any focus different with different FC I have used (some do
have slightly different in thickness). If you worry about the thickness of
FC that affected your focusing, change back to OM's original screen to
check again.

I do found some old camera with focus shift due to position of mirror is
off, check the site below for a method that may be helpful to check and
correct the problem.

http://www.asiaonline.net.hk/~chling/focus.htm

C.H.Ling