Re: [OM] Don't forget the body

Subject: Re: [OM] Don't forget the body
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 10:04:54 EDT

<< 1. Focusing screen not positioned at the same distance from the lens as the
 film plane. Therefore although the image appears in focus on the screen the
 image captured on the film is not. There has recently been a discussion
 regarding the use of other manufacturers screens in OM bodies. I wonder if
 the thickness of these screen differs from the Olympus originals and whether
 this causes focussing inaccuracies. >>

The screen rests up into its base held there by the screen frame. If it has
been adjusted for correct focus, then all screens that are the proper size
should show correct focus. I've had problems with focus after changing the
screen but it was obvious in the viewfinder. My technique for inserting new
screens is to turn the camera upside down and gently shake the screen into
its location and then close the screen frame.

You can check focus by taking a photo of a yardstick laid down on a table.

Warren