Re: [OM] A new version of the 3Ti and 4Ti ?

Subject: Re: [OM] A new version of the 3Ti and 4Ti ?
From: Kenneth Sloan <sloan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 14:07:03 -0500

> When visiting the Oly site, I filled out the form for requesting a printed
> folder for the 3-Ti and 4-Ti, and was a bit surprised to see that it's
> different from the downloadable PDF file. However, much more surprisingly
> so, is that the grip of the camera (on the right side) is definitely
> different from the other pictures (as shown in the PDF etc.), there's some
> sort of additional "bump", which I assume was put there for having a better
> grip on the camera.

The "bump" is an add-on "grip".  It came as stock equipment when I
purchased my 3-Ti.  I use it, and now notice the difference when I pick
up on of my OM-1n's.  I guess I like it - no strong feelings either way.

It occasionally gets a tad loose (where's a quarter...ah, fixed!).  The
"leatherette" covering (a mere sliver) came loose and had to be re-glued
(professional repair types shiver when I mention that I used SuperGlue).

It must be removed to mount a Winder (I think - my memory is hazy on
this one).

--
Kenneth Sloan                                            sloan@xxxxxxx
Computer and Information Sciences                       (205) 934-2213