Re: [OM] [Fwd: half frame cameras]

Subject: Re: [OM] [Fwd: half frame cameras]
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 17:36:02 -0400
What's the deal with the Pen bashing here??!!   The lenses are at least as
good as most normal Nikon or Yashica, if not better.  And if you can easily
mount OM Zuikos or Nikon or Canon, etc. on them (if you can find the
adapters).

Also, why would you want to convert normal 35mm to half frame?   I can
think of two reasons, neither of which makes me want convert a new OM-200.
1. You get the 2x in exposure capacity, which is perfectly reasonable give
today's film quality vs. the film available in the 60's when HF's were
popular, 2. You get the modern metering systems, brighter viewfinder, and
easier lens selection available with a modern body.

But personally, I like my little Pen FT.  The meter works fine, even if it
isn't coupled to the lens, and the small size is even smaller than an OM-1.
It's low, flat topped profile is a nice change from the pentaprisms of a
normal 35, it keeps the profile small like a rangefinder

Skip

At 4/22/99 06:31 PM  -0400, you wrote:
>Wanted to forward this.  Its a repair shop modifying the FM10 (OM-2000)
>to half frame.  Interesting.

(Of course the picture quality makes an