[OM] FS: "beater" zoom

Subject: [OM] FS: "beater" zoom
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 14:43:38 -0700
This is a CLASSIC! (In the same manner that a 1989 Taurus with 250,000
miles is... :-)

It's an "Auto Rokunar" 100mm -- 200mm, f5.6 zoom, 58mm filter size. It is a
one-touch. I got it together with a nice OM-4, which is what I really
wanted.

The bad news: the front edge has been dinged in two places. I don't have
any 58mm filters to try, but I'm sure they won't go on. The outer glass
could use cleaning, and has one one tiny spot of some kind on the inside of
the front element of perhaps 0.5mm diameter. There is a 1cm scuff on the
front. The mount has brass showing over about a quarter of the
circumference, and on one of the flanges. No caps. It zooms by itself when
pointed more that 45 degrees up or down.

The good news: the diaghram is snappy and oil-free. Other than mentioned
above, the glass has no flaws that I can see. The inside appears dust-free.
Focus and zoom are smooth, no binding or grinding, and only a small bit of
play. The focus collar rubber is clean and firm. The mount screws do not
hit the button on the OM-4. It's only a bit bigger and heavier than the
Zuiko 75-150. Except for the dinged filter threads, a dealer would probably
call it an "ex" or "8."

This would be a good lens for an impoverished student, or perhaps for a
budding family member that you don't want playing with your expensive
Zuiks! :-)

$30 OBO, plus shipping. If that's too high for you, in a couple days it
goes on eBay with no reserve, but I wanted the list to have first shot.

As always, my "first roll" warranty applies: put a roll through it, then
return it for a refund, less actual shipping, if not satisfied. If you
honestly believe I've not properly represented it, I'll even refund the
round-trip shipping.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229