Re: [OM] Olympus items for sale....

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus items for sale....
From: "sam" <salex@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:48:29 -0400
In my post about "new" and "used" equipment selling, I was referring only to
non-dealers who list a new, perfect,  unused item and sell it, only to have
it returned for some subjective reason, i.e. "I didn't like it".

Dealers like B&H have a guaranteed profit built in, do a large volume (the
number of items that are bought and KEPT greatly  outnumbers the returns, so
they can be a little loose here). However, I don't think B&H would be too
happy dealing with a buyer who was constantly "trying out" equipment and
returning it. But again, I was only talking about individuals, not dealers.
sam alexander NYC