Re: 200/4 (was: Re: [OM] macro/portrait lens recs.)

Subject: Re: 200/4 (was: Re: [OM] macro/portrait lens recs.)
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:42:02 -0700 (PDT)
Would it be possible to mount a collar around any of the longer lenses
(the ones w/o collars built in)? Although this is a temporary sort-of fix,
would supporting the lens with an arm or by a beanbag on a solid surface
reduce this tendency? (I found about the harmonic vibrations last night
while trying to get a moon shot <G>. I ended up using MLU and then the
self timer (no remote release yet) so my pressing the shutter release
wouldn't have the whole thing swaying (also making it worse was the fact
the tripod, a very light video one, was on a grassy incline). Also a tip
mentioned my someone, maybe Bean, came in handy--after the exposure,
during which the camera was at a very steep angle, the meter read much
much higher. left it on with the lens cap on and viola! back to normal
:-))
Thanks for the explanation,
Siddiq

--
"...and lose the chance to hear coz you don't listen."
                                                --/Vertigo/ DuranDuran