Re: [OM] Cleaning Screens

Subject: Re: [OM] Cleaning Screens
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 20:21:50 +0800
I have different experience, I just "damaged" a Canon EOS screen by washing
it in 75 0sopropyl alcohol in an ultrasonic tank. Normally I use distill
water & ultrasonic but this time after cleaning with alcohol, the screen
turned "white", I immediately wash it with water, it turn clear again but
it is not as bright as before, just similar to the AE-1 or T90 screen I
have (they are using at the two OM2ns I have).

The EOS screen was inside an OM4 that I got from a professional
photography, it is the best FC I have ever seen. It was bright and fine,
although not as bright as the OM 2-series screen, but it focus much better
with large aperture wide angle lens. I still have not found out what it is,
the EOS 620 series looks the same mechanically but brightness and focusing
easy is not as good.

I have tried a lot of FC, the Minolta Acute Matte, Canon Laser Matter
(AE-1, T90, EOS 620), all of them need rework before use on OM cameras.
They need to be clean after rework and I will never try other clean
solution again except dishwashing detergent.

C.H.Ling

----------
> From: IronShiek8@xxxxxxx
> To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [OM] Cleaning Screens
> Date: Tuesday, April 20, 1999 4:18 PM
>
> I once.... out of despair, used isopropyl alcohol---70%. to get foam goo
> smudged onto the screen. And it was the cut side at that. It worked out
well,
> and the screen is now brighter. But don't do this your self. I am a
trained
> professional and was crazy enough to risk a screen (it was that bad).
Good