Re: [OM] ** FILTERS **

Subject: Re: [OM] ** FILTERS **
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 14:31:08 EDT
Chuck writes:

> Maybe Gary has a cheapo filter and can prove me wrong on the next lens
>  test.

Yup, got lots of them.  But it isn't worth the film to attempt to detect
differences.  These are the kinds of differences it would take lab equipment
to detect, unless I put the light source in the picture and shining at the
lens.  Anytime I have to do that in actual picture taking and I'm not looking
for a special effect, I make sure I go filterless and use a multicoated lens.
 The worth of multicoating for such a situation has been proven in the
photography literature so many times over that no one needs to reprove it.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV