Re: [OM] OM-4 & OM-1 Screens

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 & OM-1 Screens
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 20:40:11 +0000
There is a lens cleaning product called Opticlean which one gently paints onto
lenses surface and then peels off when it hardens.  I recently acquired some
and
intend to give the mirror of my 4Ti a go.

Most people are correct to advise against cleaning a front silvered mirror due
to the high likelyhood of scratching the reflective coating, however, this
stuff
cleans without the use of any rubbing action and is supposedly safe for front
silvered optics such as telescope primaries.

I will report back when I have actually done the deed.  It did a nice job on
the
viewfinder lens.

This stuff would not be suitable for cleaning a focusing screen as they are
plastic
and the solvents in it will melt many plastics.

Giles