[OM] Re: OM-4 & OM-1 Screens

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4 & OM-1 Screens
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:47:38 GMT
Recently I got a few _very_ dirty focusing screens as part of a lot of
OM equipment (screens thrown in for free by the original owner).
One was an urgently wanted screen type 10, and consequently I had to
try and clean it.
I started with the most dirty one of all, a FS-1. It looked greasy. I
used washing up liquid, only two drops in a glass of tepid water, and
gently rubbed all dirt off, with my finger as only instrument. Then
(without any rinsing) I left it to dry hanging in the air.
For this purpose I used the accompanying tweezers which I attached a
string to. For safety I had put a clean cloth below, but nothing fell
on the floor. The screen was very clean afterwards, and only a few
scratches which must have been there in the first place remained.

After this I felt confident enough to try the same procedure for the
FS 10, and this one is really 'like new' now.

BTW, the detergent I used was free of colour and it also wasn't
perfumed with citrus - no additives at all. As a matter of fact when
we wash our dishes (with the same liquid) we also do not rinse them
and leave them to dry in the air. We never use cloths for that purpose
(mere laziness here, but not enough of it to buy a dish-washer).

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.