[OM] OM-2S Program shutter ring is stuck!

Subject: [OM] OM-2S Program shutter ring is stuck!
From: Henry Devereux <hldevo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 16:30:53 -0400
Has anyone experienced a stuck shutter ring with one of the OM-series
cameras or more specifically, the OM-2S Program?  I bought one last
weekend for a very good price.  At the time of the purchase,
everything worked fine although the shutter ring was a bit more
difficult to turn than I had expected.  Having no experience with
Olympus cameras, I thought that this was typical (I shoot primarily
with EOS stuff).  Anyway, everything worked well until yesterday when
the shutter ring got progressively more difficult to turn.  Today, it
got stuck on the 1/8 sec. setting.  Is this a typical problem with OM
cameras?  If anyone has experienced this problem before, is this
something I can fix myself?  If I shouldn't attempt to repair it
myself, what should I expect to pay to have it fixed?

Aside from the stuck shutter ring, everything else works perfectly.
I've shot several rolls with it using Program, Aperture Priority and
Manual/Spot metering that all turned out perfectly.  The meter is
accurate when compared to my handheld meter and my EOS 3.

I can't return it because I bought it at a camera show out of town and
don't even know the dealer I bought it from.  I didn't ask for a
receipt because at the time it was working fine.  And for $90
including a clean 50 mm 1.8, it was well worth the risk.   Any
thoughts will be appreciated.