Re: [OM] Shutter curtain speed adjustment

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter curtain speed adjustment
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 01:56:31 EDT
Hi Wayne:

As per my local repairman, Bill Rogers, who showed me how to operate his
shutter tester, the thing you want to see is consistency in the travel time
for the first and second curtain.  Without it, you would have one end of a
frame (on the long axis) more exposed than the other end.

A variation of 20 0s within specs for shutter speeds of 1/500th sec. and
slower.  With 33 0.000000or 1/1000 sec. and faster.  A measurement of 1200usec
is
within specs for 1/1000th sec.

Bill tells me that often getting the curtain timing adjusted helps clear up
shutter speed inaccuracies.  He didn't show me how to make shutter curtain
adjustments, which I would imagine would be any repair person's professional
secret.

Having one curtain 20low and the other 20 0.000000ast makes for a 4/10ths stop
difference in exposure between the two ends of a frame.  That would be
noticable.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV