R: [OM] OT: lens test archive III

Subject: R: [OM] OT: lens test archive III
From: "Marco Tomat" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:56:07 +0200
It is the only OEM lens that results from a >4.5 search. I guess other macro
lenses, if tested, should do very close.

Regarding those MTF tests, I don't understand well if there is a
compensation value for greater apertures. That is, the lenses are tested
(also) at full aperture. Of course you cannot get the same values from a
f/1.2 lens at a f/3.5 one, in that condition. A true comparation among
lenses should take this into account. I suspect brighter lenses are somehow
underestimated in photodo tests.

Marco