Re: [OM] Re: Kodak Black & White +400

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Kodak Black & White +400
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 19:00:49 +0000
At 19:55 4/11/99 , Barry Bean wrote:
>On Sat, 10 Apr 1999 23:19:01 EDT, PCACala@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
>>To the best of my knowledge, Wal-Mart has been stocking this very film.
>
>Thats where I bought the roll I shot.

Since there have been a couple of replies about T400 CN still at Wal-Mart,
I'll have to check at the one here.  If there is some I will inquire to
find out if they intend to continue stocking it.

Kodak stocked T400 CN on consumer shelves to compete with the Ilford XP2 in
the consumer market.  On Kodak's web site I have always found it under the
"Professional B&W Films."  Then Kodak released B&W +400 in APS format (last
year?).  Some time during January, the T400 CN disappeared from the Meijer
where I buy film (similar to a Wal-Mart).  In its place was B&W +400.  When
I asked what happened, the store staff said the new B&W +400 replaced it.
That precipitated my quest to find out if it was the same stuff with a new
name . . . and the discovery it was not.

It may be just a matter of time before this happens at your Wal-Mart(s).
If you want to stay with T400 CN, you might want to ask the store personnel
if it will stay on their shelves.  The Meijer here turns film quickly (even
B&W and chromes) and tends the shelves frequently.

Thanks for the Wal-Mart tip,
-- John