[OM] IS-3

Subject: [OM] IS-3
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 16:54:14 -0500 (CDT)
Although the thought of exposing film without my trusty OM bodies and
bag of lenses is a foreign concept to me, I am occasionally envious
of my wife's ability to pick up and go with her Pentax p&s
(IQZoom160). FWIW, she gets surprisingly  (to me) good results,
regularly publishing and displaying her photos.

So I've been looking at the Olympus IS series and giving the IS-3
some thought as a vacation/meeting/snapshot camera to use on the
occasions when an OM and a couple of lenses are just too much to lug.

What sort of results have folks gotten? How does the IS series stack
up to the OM series?  Just how portable and rugged is eh IS-3?

Thanks,

BBB
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel