Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #847

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #847
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 12:36:05 +0200
:I've never used an OM-PC, but I believe it has the
:equivalent of a  2-13 screen installed.
: >
: > Paul Schings
: > Coventry, RI
:
: I believe this is not very likely since OM-PC/40 was introduced as
: early as 1985, while the two 2# series screens were not introduced
: until 10 years later in 1995.
:
: Per Nordenberg

With the introduction of the OM-20 the fixed focusing screen had a matte
area that was a bit finer and brighter than the one on the OM-10, probably
to compensate for the darker viewfinder compared to the OM-1 and OM-2. It
was called 'Lumi-Micron'. The OM-30 and OM-40 had it too. The matte area on
the 2-4 and 2-13 focusing screens however is called 'Fine Lumi-Micron'. Then
we have the matte area on the OM-707 and OM-101, which was called 'Super
Lumi-Micron'.
Confused? I suspect these 'Fine' and 'Super' Lumi-Micron matte areas to be
pretty much the same, and probably also the same as the one used in the IS
series cameras... At least when I put a Cosina 80-200mm/F4.5-5.6 Macro Zoom
on my OM-3 with 2-4 screen, the viewfinder is, at the 200mm position of the
zoom, just as bright as the IS-3000 on the 180mm position (also F5.6).

Hans