Re: [OM] lens for sale, OM1 battery fix

Subject: Re: [OM] lens for sale, OM1 battery fix
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 19:11:22 +1000
>Incidentally, I usually use OM4Ts, but recently purchased a used OM1 to use
in >very cold conditions(Have other OM4T users had problems with a tripod
>mounted OM4T having the life sucked out of its batteries by cold tripod
heads?)

I have had this problem with a 2SP

>I was faced with the problem of finding a battery for the OM1 as many are
>aware.  I purchased a MR-9 adapter from C.R.I.S. camera(www.criscam.com)
>and have been very pleased.  It allows me to use a standard silver 76
battery >and my meter works great!  I have heard that the common practice of
altering >the battery circuit on OM1 can lead to varying meter accuracy.  I
can readily >recommend the MR-9 adapter as a better alternative.

The problems with mods are if it is modified for an alkaline battery. If
modified correctly for silver oxide it should be fine. But I am looking at
the MR-9 adapter too because of cost of total modification (mail etc)

Foxy