Re: [OM] Camera Bag

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera Bag
From: Robinsnes@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 23:00:43 EST
                No need to pick on just them. I needed a "background in a bag
(photek)" and
ordered it from Cambridge after calling them about another OM item that they
had advertised but were out of stock. I needed it the next week, they assured
me it would be there. My shoot came and went, no background. I called their
customer service and the man from Cambridge said it was backordered. I
specifically told the service rep I needed it for a professional shoot and he
assured me they had it. No apology, nothing but "I think you just want to be
mad at us." Mad was not the word. Not only that, they wanted to charge me for
the Bag in addition to the background (it comes with the bag from Photek). Bad
company...bad service...bad pricing policies...and dismal customer relations.
        I called B&H. They were polite, professional, and the background was
here
within two days and I was able to use it for the next job on time. No more
looking. I don't really care anymore if I save a nickel. It isn't worth the
hassel and I know that if they (B&H) say they have it and it will be here at a
given time, it will.
        It is easy to understand why they are the biggest. They give the best
serviced and no empty promises. The name of the company is Cambridge...bad
people, not reliable. Yes, I am angry with them. They made a shoot a nightmare
that it didn't have to be because I relied on their word.
Roger
Robins Nest Photography
Grosse Pointe Park, MI