Re: [OM] Camera Bag

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera Bag
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 11:10:09 EST
In a message dated 3/30/99 10:59:51 AM EST, dhaynie@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I think CWO (they may be called Camerworld.com
 now, officially) is a medium-sized camera store using the net to leverage
 themselves into being one of the gigantic stores, and to get there, they
 have great prices. B&H, of course, is about as big as they get, for
 real, with prices varying from "ok" to "not-so-ok", but they nearly always
 have what you want in stock.

Dave,
        From personal experience, and reading the various newsgroups, it seems
many
people are attracted to several stores that advertise in Pop Photo, et al,  by
the low prices quoted in the ads, only to wait four months and not receiving
the promised item, then having to get a refund, or cancel the order and then
order it from B & H who has the item in stock, but for a few dollars more. Not
to pick on CWO specifically, I know there are thousands of satisfied customers
out there- don't e-mail me- but if the advertised price item is not available
from whatever store, then that would make B & H's price more than "OK", no? It
would make it the "real world" price, not a fantasy world of quoted prices
that are not deliverable for whatever reason. In my experience, if you want to
avoid the B.S., go to B&H first.

Regards,
George S.