[OM] Colour Channels and lab machines

Subject: [OM] Colour Channels and lab machines
From: Sean Chan <sean@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 16:29:10 +0800 (WST)
Cc: tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> I was not aware that colo(u)r channels had a cost!
>
> Marco
>
> >  And for
> > cost saving purposes, he doesn't have all the colour channels for all the
> > films too.

Hello Marco,

AFAIK, the machines are "hire purchased". When new films come out, the
lab processor suppliers also provide additional service of putting in
newer colour channels into the machines for a fee. I was referring to
that fee.

At least that's my understanding. If someone has more accurate
information, do share.
Sean
--
Sean H.Y. Chan                   sean@xxxxxxxxxx