[OM] 100/2 test, 180mm, and MC

Subject: [OM] 100/2 test, 180mm, and MC
From: kelton <kelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 99 16:42:19 -0800
Gary did:
>[OM] Lens Test: 100mm f/2 Zuiko
Yay! Thanks for the two lens tests, Gary! Great stuff.

BBB said:
>I'm leaning towards a 180/2.8 for my next lens,
Since I've only recently rejoined the list, you may have thoroughly
discussed this already, but you've heard all the caveats about this lens,
right? If you're still going to buy one however, despite the lore,
there's one for sale not a block from my house in Los Angeles and I will
check its price if you want.

Also, Richard said:
>The catch is that I believe, that Olympus has changed more than the
>coating with some lenses, so SC and MC versions might not be comparable
>in this respect.
And this is what I've heard also, although I don't have a source to back
it up. Could one of the sage elders enlighten us?