Re: [OM] Zuiko medium tele lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko medium tele lenses
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:33:09 EST
BB writes:

> I have never heard that. [re: cosmetic clues to SC vs. MC]

It seems many casual buyers who haven't been List subscribers or diligent
readers of the FAQ don't know it.  Thus there is little differentiation in
buying prices for SC vs. MC lenses, except in pricier lenses - where the buyer
is more likely to know the ropes.

As we have warned before, you need to look for three color reflections to be
sure of multi-coating, since a repair to a lens can result in a new filter
ring and/or barrel, thus eliminating the obvious clues.

Interesting aside.  I looked at a Leica from WW II which has an * placed at
the end of the serial number for the lens.  That was done when filter rings
were replaced, so as to retain the serial number by showing it had a new ring.
Egads, what attention to details.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV