Re: [OM] Re:Super FP Flash (as I understand it)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re:Super FP Flash (as I understand it)
From: Clyde Soles <csoles@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 09:22:53 -0700
>What about any manual camera with a fast lens a high shutter speed and
>a reflector?

A folding Litedisc is heavier, will not fit in a camera bag and you need an
assistant.

>You would probably need a ND filter to slow the shutter down to 1/2000.
>(top speed on a OM 4Ti)

Umm, no. Not unless you're shooting 400 film (why?). Do the math.

>I think I know some portrait photographers who would take acceptation to
>that statement.  There is some serious outdoor portrait photography going
>on.
>Ask Monte Zucker.  They also are great for in church shots etc.
>See Shutterbug Nov 98 Pg 42 photo 3.

Bad example, Monte shoots medium format which means he has leaf shutters
(1/500 sync) and the fastest lenses are f4. I was referring to the 35mm
world. Does anyone really read Shutterbug for the articles?

>**What am I doing making points about a flash I have never used?**

No comment.

Clydeorama Photo Gallery
http://home.rmi.net/~csoles/index.htm