Re: [OM] auction pricing

Subject: Re: [OM] auction pricing
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 16:41:34 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 19 Mar 1999 18:52, WKato@xxxxxxx wrote:
>  Also you can find a good deal with the last
>item listed of identical items. What is the group's take on this?

That is so untrue of eBay.  That was the point I was trying to make
with my earlier post.  Given identical items, there is no logic as
to why one item gets a lot of bids and ends up with a high selling
price and another one gets a few bids and goes for a low price.
With a list of identical items, sometimes it is one in the middle
that does not get noticed.

Granted there is some truth to what Gary said about "presentation"
and the combination of things (lens caps, case, etc.)  But for the
life of me, I cannot figure out why there is such a big difference
in price for similar items.
        -Dan