Re: [OM] Is this guy telling the truth...?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is this guy telling the truth...?
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 09:39:45 EST
In a message dated 3/17/99 7:03:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, Mirandaee@xxxxxxx
writes:

<< Second, I would like to apologise for consistently mis-spelling 'aperture'
as
 'aperature'. This just goes to show what playing around with a spell-checker
 can do for you. Oh, and I'd done at least about a litre of red wine before I
 vandalised the damn thing too. So, that's my excuse.>>

No apologys necessary... we all knew what you meant anyway. On an
international list like this, we should expect minor spelling/grammar errors
occasionally.

<< Thirdly, and this is the most important point about this post, I suppose
that
 my original post inferred that I'd dropped, thrown and abused much of the
 equipment I had... well, this is true...! This stuff is made to be used, and
 as I'm no couch potato (although being now over thirty is taking its toll)
 accidents will happen...! Don't let my experiences put you off taking some
 risks with your equipment, it's all replaceable but that photo opportunity
may
 not be...! >>

Well said. One thing I've noticed since joining this list is that my
Zuikoholism gets out of control regularly. When I see something for sale and
start salivating, I need to keep saying to myself, "Paul, do you really need
that? Is it really going to help you take better photographs?" More often than
not, the answer is no. But I really DO need that 21/3.5. Oh, and the 300/4.5,
too. And I can't forget the 35 shift.

Back to my ZA meeting....

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI