Re: [OM] Is this guy telling the truth...?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is this guy telling the truth...?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 22:42:13 +0100
No, Miranda, he's not telling you the truth. This aperture-closing-down
behaviour that popped up earlier in the 35-70/3.5-4.5 thread may be seen in
some zoom lenses, but never in primes! Either he didn't put everything back
in proper position or he used too much grease so the aperture blades have
now become sticky. IOW he just did a lousy job, and now hopes you'll accept
it so it will save him time and money. You should either get your money back
or let him do the job properly. Surely you must have a warrenty on the
repair...

I don't know if the 28-48 normally shows this behavior - I don't own this
lens. Another list member may fill in.

:(however, I did once drop this one down the side of a cliff!).

Don't try to make a habit out of this. Zuiks are just so easily hurt.

:Now, I know this is probably asking a lot of you (after all, you have got
:lives of your own to lead!)

Maybe there's life *after* Zuikoholicism - but *next* to??? :-)

Hans