RE: [OM] Zuiko 35-70/f3.6

Subject: RE: [OM] Zuiko 35-70/f3.6
From: "Angel Lobo Caballero" <angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 12:11:29 +0100
> Artur writes:
>
> > Any comments on this lens? How about image quality, distortions, flare,
> >  etc.?
>
> It performs quite well in the tests on my WWW site.  I don't hesitate it
use
> it for "keeper" shots and once in a lifetime shoots.  I used it
exclusively in
> shooting the South Shore Tufa Mounds at Mono Lake and the trannies were
every
> bit what I demanded in lens performance.
>
> Gary Reese
> on the road in Dallas, TX

Hi Gary and all.

I really like this zoom, but...
In all my photographs and all my tests with this lens, I see a touch warm
that I can´t see in others Olympus-Zuiko lenses. A touch warm equivalent to
other Olympus lenses with a filter  B&W  KR 1.5 M.C.(Skylight).

Does anybody detect this "warm touch" or is only my 35-70 ( f 3.6 )  lens ?

I think this is a good travel partner with the 85-250.(on the high quality
side).

35-70 3.5-4.5  and  75-150 4 ( both 49mm filter)  (Modest and light travel
combo).

35-70 f 4 and 65-200 f 4 (both 55mm filter) (Mid range quality partners).

35-70 f 3.6 and 85-250 f 5 (Both 55mm filter)  (Very good quality
partners).

Ángel Lobo
CUENCA (Spain)