Re: [OM] Focusing problem with new OM4Ti + Zuiko 200/4

Subject: Re: [OM] Focusing problem with new OM4Ti + Zuiko 200/4
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 13:31:59 GMT
On Mon, 08 Mar 1999 11:55:59 -0800, Mikael von Numers <mnumers@xxxxxx>
wrote:

>I have the same problem with my OM3, bought used in 1989. All lenses
>comes to focus a tiny bit before the infinity mark. If I focus to
>infinity my pictures are a bit unsharp. It has been to Olympus for
>service, but the problem remains. The distance from lens mounth to
>film-plane is apparently permanently a bit too short. I do not have this
>problem with my OM4.
>
>Mikael

If viewfinder image and picture image are both sharp with focus in
one-and-the-the-same position, the camera inners (including the
mirror) must be OK. Obviously in that case the optical path from lens
to film is the same in length as from lens to focusing screen. So any
deviation from the index on the lens must result from the lens mount
(given that it happens with all your lenses).

But why bother? I never look at the lens distance scale - that is what
I have a viewfinder for...

Frank van lindert
Utrecht Holland.