Re: [OM] 707,101 and 2000 and beyond

Subject: Re: [OM] 707,101 and 2000 and beyond
From: "c.e. packard" <packardc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 16:47:35 -0600
Yeah, I agree with all of that. I got on a rant and did not completely
filter my thoughts before writing them down. So, I apologize to the
author of the original message and everyone else.

In reference to (IRT) the OM-2000, I was under the impression that it
was designed by Olympus, but manufactured by Cosina.

<< I'll agree with your comment somewhat with regard to the OM-2000,
even though
IMO, it's less of an OM than  the 1,2,3,4,10,PC. It's a Cosina that uses
the
OM lensmount, that's about it. Olympus must realize that that's what the
OM-2000 is, and if they base their future SLR development on the sales
figures
for the OM-2000, then they're even more clueless than any of us realize,
and
probably should get out of the SLR business, IMO.

 But the 707 and 101 have no bearing at all on whether Olympus pulls the
plug
on the OM system, their being *failures* in 1987 or 1989 or whatever has
no
bearing on what Olympus chooses to do in 2000 and beyond,.... >>