[OM] Wanted: independent, high quality magazine

Subject: [OM] Wanted: independent, high quality magazine
From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:56:26 -0500

.....Has Popular Photography EVER not
>liked something they reviewed that was a current item in the big name
>manufacturer's line? I doubt you could find one item.
>George S.

The same I often think about two German photo magazines, they are "better"
sales brochures.
Matthias
====
I fully agree with Matthias and George.  It used to be different in the
70's if you read the informative "Modern Photography" tests or the German
"Foto Magazin" from those years.  That was high quality and critical
journalism.  Most publications have become slaves to their advertisers, it
seems.  Also the editing, spelling, layout, and photographic print quality
(!!) leave much to be desired nowadays.  I don't think digital image
processing is conducive to showing excellent photographs or test comparison
shots.

Occasionally, I would like to subscribe to "Leica Fotografie" just because
of their print quality.  Couldn't OM-users launch something like that?

Jan