Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTF metering

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTF metering
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 21:48:27 EST
In a message dated 2/17/99 2:53:08 PM Pacific Standard Time, PCACala@xxxxxxx
writes:
<< To me, OTF was a fine idea dependent on an assumption that is no longer
valid.
 When OTF metering was first introduced, one of the American photography
 magazines determined that film surface relectance was near to 18 0.000000or all
 major types.  Today, reflectance is all over the board.

 Take home lesson here is to either choose a film that is close to 18%
 reflectance,  or do flash photography manually (like I do with my macro work)
 Gary Reese
 Las Vegas, NV >>

Hi Gary,
Now you've got me thinking?  (See, I follow instructions well. <g>).
I have not noticed the problem with TTL flash, but it makes sense that the
problem also exist here as well as slow shutter speeds.
Does this same problem occur in Nikons and Canon's in their TTL flash mode?
Or is their TTL sensor not controlled by the film reflectance?
Just wondering.
Buddy Walters