Re: [OM] Non SLRs and polarizing filters

Subject: Re: [OM] Non SLRs and polarizing filters
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 20:13:55 -0500
At 02:51 PM 2/17/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Unlike an SLR where wysiwyg rules with polarizing filters, how does one
>visually calibrate the varying effects of a polarizing filter with a
>non-SLR camera?

You can buy a a polarizer such as Heliopan, that has markings on the ring.
You hold up to your eye, rotate, note the mark that you like best, reattach
to lens, and set mark. Sounds easy! Hopefully nothing has moved meanwhile!

Or, if you are being discrete and afraid to admit you own a Leica, <g>, you
can simply buy the Leica swing-out polarizer adaptor ring. BTW, I have
heard it also works perfectly on Contax G2!

Regards,
Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com
Panoramic and 360deg Immersive Images at
        www.threehundredsixty.com