Re: [OM] OT: AE and TTL flash

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: AE and TTL flash
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 11:03:10 -0500
At 01:46 PM 2/15/99 +0200, you wrote:
>>One would hope it is easier than that! Honestly, the ability to do really
>>sophisticated flash work is possibly the best reason to own a wunderbrick...
>>
>>For example, with the N90s and SB28 flash, which used just as is has
>>_exquisite_ ambient fill flash, it is quite simple to do exposure comp on
>>the body. This will control both camera and flash--not what you were
>>looking for. Additionally, it is also quite simple to dial in + or -
>>compensation on the flash itself. Then, get this--with the MF26 control
>>back you can actually do multiple flash bracketing. For example, you could
>>program in three increments up, and three down, or any other combination,
>>put the motor on continuous, and fire away! That's a bit much for me, but
>>the capability is there, anyway...
>>
>>BTW, the capability of which you speak _is_ available with Rollei
>>6001/6003/6008 with the Metz SCA356 adapter...
>
>>Denton Taylor
>
>Do I understand you right, you think that the wonderbricks are more
>convenient for such flash experiments than the MF TTL cameras ? My imagery
>is, that after some tries it should be possible to select a good
>combination for AE and TTL flash, which leads to the wanted result.
>Bracketing would be interesting indeed, but the 120 film has only 12
>pictures. Maybe the way in which the wonderbricks select such combinations
>is as opaque for the user as matrix metering ?

No my point was that you do not need to conduct those kind of experiments
with wunderbricks! They are far ahead of even the most advanced MF
cameras... While the means used to select flash exposures may be opaque, it
works beautifully, and more importantly, is fully over-rideable by the user
in a number of ways; thru camera body, flash, and control back...

Denton