Re: [OM] OT: lens test archive III

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: lens test archive III
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 22:37:29 EST
Matthias writes:

> the best value I found among those MTF tests (it's a Swedish website
>  (http://www.photodo.com )) was 4,7 and was achieved for example by the
>  Contax G Planar 45/2,0 for the G series. The worst value I found till now
>  is 1,5 and was achieved by the lens I hated most, the Sigma 400mm 1:5,6
>  Apo.

A most interesting site.  Thanks for the URL!  Perhaps some Zuikos will get
tested in time, since it's an actively growing site.

The highest rated lens tested to date (a 4.8 rating) is the Canon EF 200mm
f/1.8L and the lowest (a 0.3 rating) is the Tokina AF 35-300mm f/4.5~6.7 zoom.
The Cosinas that were tested are a rather poor lot.  Too bad Olympus has them
making their S Zuiko zooms, although I suspect List members will be favorably
impressed when I post the 35-70mm f/3.5~4.8 S Zuiko lens test results.  (They
look good under a loupe!)

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV