Re: [OM] [OT] ebay rant/mild zuiko content

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] ebay rant/mild zuiko content
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 23:59:34 -0800
Steve Pollock wrote:

>IMNSHO, another reason to boycott ebay: ebay is a nest of lunatics!
>
>I just closed a deal via a post at photo-net to purchase a mint (of
>course!) zuiko 75-150 case & caps for $100US shipped.
>just as I'm about to write the check the seller contacts me to say, 'oops'
>he had forgotten he'd posted it on ebay too and just now found out he had
>a winning bidder.
>so, as he was 'obligated' to sell to the ebay buyer, he canned our deal.
>rant off

Multiple listing (or two-timing, or double dipping -- pick your own
terminology :-)) is unethical, but, sadly, is not uncommon on the net.
This should serve as a reminder that the cheapest quoted price is not
necessarily the best deal.

This is the place where I would normally tout my own horn, and/or
shamelessly plug other Zuiks who occasionally sell OM toys on the OLY
list -- in a hassle-free manner, and at fair/"below market" prices.
But, this time I won't bore you with such trivia ... :-)

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx