Re: [OM] [OT] ebay rant/mild zuiko content

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] ebay rant/mild zuiko content
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 19:31:04
At 04:59 PM 2/12/1999 -0500, you wrote:

>Unix won't help.....  This is the way we are going as a society, our ethical
>operating system has become infected.  To bad Norton, IBM, and others
>can't write a virus killer for that.
>
>Unfortunately we can not, or will not, learn from history.  Other great
>civilizations have gone the way we're heading but we have to do it
>all over again.
>
>I'll step down now.....
>
>BobS

Hey Bob,

I think this is a little too metaphysically gloomy to characterize a single
eBay bad apple. There must be thousands of decent transactions on eBay for
every single bad experience posted.  But you hear about the bad ones.  My
experience with actual transactions on eBay tends to support my belief in
the basic decency of people. Perhaps I'm just smart or lucky.  (I do try to
be lucky ...)

Joel