[OM] Olympus Flash Cube Accessory?

Subject: [OM] Olympus Flash Cube Accessory?
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 10:01:06 -0800
>From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>I just ran across this little item on our favorite place, it
>even has a picture to go with it.  The description said:
>"This is an Olympus flash cube accessory that connects to
>the hot shoe on a camera.  Insert flash cube and twist (to
>wind) and shoot four pic's, cube rotates after each flash."
>
>Since this is such a unique item, I wonder if anyone on the
>list knows anything more about it.  When was it produced and
>for what camera was it meant for?  Since it was never listed
>in any of the OM System brochures, it must not be part of
>that system.

That depends. Does it have one contact, or three? It could be the legendary
OM Type 4 TTL Flashcube Adaptor, which was in development until a competing
engineering group came up with the F-280. Not only could it sync at any
speed, but by using only one wire at a time per bulb, it could actually get
eight shots out of a cube.

I don't think more than a few prototypes were made, so this is probably
quite rare and valuable.

(Okay, okay -- if you humor-impaired insist -- wait, it's coming, here it
is, the SMILEY! :-)

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229