Re: [OM] [Seriously OT] Local Argot...

Subject: Re: [OM] [Seriously OT] Local Argot...
From: "Wiese" <wiese@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:58:57 +1100
<laugh> my dictionary says "a whining complaint; a peevish grumbling" ....
it's English, though (the dictionary, that is) <g>

Cheers

Andy

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 00:04:27 -0500
From: lclark@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [OM] pOT] Local Argot...

In <005b01be5428$342ad580$960065cb@user>, on 02/09/99 at 11:32 PM,
   "Wiese" <wiese@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

>This is going to be a bit of whinge,

You Aussie lot have contributed so many wonderful new words to the
common language that divides us all that I want to keep up  with new
ones when they appear on my horizon. In the above does "whinge" mean
merely a "whine," or is it more of a funereal "wail," like those hired
mourners turn out?