[OM] Rangefinder versus SLR "F stop" Advantage???

Subject: [OM] Rangefinder versus SLR "F stop" Advantage???
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 22:37:10 EST
Hi Folks,

     The general "rule of thumb" to avoid camera shake is to use a shutter
speed of at least the inverse of the focal length in question--1/60 sec for
50mm, 1/125 sec for 100mm and so on.
    My question is this, is there an advantage held by rangefinders due to
their lack of mirror bounce that is significant (and I include the Contax G1
and G2 in the category of rangefinders--not to mention the Leica Ms)?  If so
what is that advantage in F stops--1, 1/2 or less? This question can only be
replied to by someone who shoots both types on a regular basis.
    I'm sure the older crowd among us will remember the articles in Popular
Photography, Modern and others on this subject. However, I do not remember a
general "rule of thumb" flatly stated. I am, of course, considering a
rangefinder system.

Thanks

Alex