Re: [OM] Impressions? Zuiko 28/3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Impressions? Zuiko 28/3.5
From: Gary Edwards <edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 21:54:37 -0600
The Zuicko 28/3.5 was my third lens and was for many years my favorite landscape
lens.  I now shoot an  f2.8 but can't tell any real difference.  The 2/3 stop
slower max aperture really isn't noticable with a wide angle outdoors.  You
seldom shoot action with a 28 so the slower shutter speeds don't matter much.
And
I can't recall ever shooting wide open with a 28 anyway, even back when I was
shooting Kodachrome 25. On the other hand, 28/2.8 lenses aren't too expensive; I
found one for $40 in a pawn shop.

Good luck,
Gary Edwards