[OM] OM1-MD meter and flash trigger kaput together?

Subject: [OM] OM1-MD meter and flash trigger kaput together?
From: Kenneth Sloan <sloan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 12:34:18 -0600
I have an ancient OM-1 MD (serial #705431) with a kaput meter.  The
needle responds - but it starts absolutely horizontal well below the +/-
frame.  On its last visit to the shop, the meter was declared
"un-repairable".

Otherwise, the body is in very good condition (wear marks on the bottom
plate, a bit of paint missing from the back cover.  Mechanically, it's
just fine.

(so...question 0 - is there a magic repair shop that can fix this?  Is
it worth it?)

But, my real question has to do with another piece of electronics.  My
plan was to permanently attach this body to my T45 flash and use it
strictly in situations where the T45 determined the exposure.  Alas, it
turns out that the body will not trigger the flash (connected with the
PC cord attached to the T45).

On my last go-around with this problem, I solved it by buying a 3Ti.
Expensive, but effective.  Since then, the OM1-MD has been laying
about. So, it's been awhile since I thought about it.  But, if memory
serves, I once brought this flash problem to the shop - only to
discover, in the shop, that the flash worked just fine.  So...this may
be an intermittent problem (oh dear...intermitten electronic problems!)

Question: is it likely that the funky meter and the flash trigger are
somehow related?  Again - is this worth one more trip to the shop?  If
my local guy can't handle it, can you recommend a repair facility that
can handle lost causes?

I'd really love to revive this body, and am willing to put some money
into it.  I can live without the meter (I'm old enough to consider
in-camera meters "new-fangled") - but I'd *really* like to have the
flash trigger working again.

--
Kenneth Sloan                                            sloan@xxxxxxx
Computer and Information Sciences                       (205) 934-2213