[OM] Using tubes with 50mm F1.8

Subject: [OM] Using tubes with 50mm F1.8
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 13:28:58 -0800
>From: "Frank Costa" <red_rover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>... Can I get
>quality shot out of the 1.8?

That depends on your definition of "quality." It probably won't satisfy you
for flat copy work (copying slides, photographing stamps, etc.) but for
nature shots, I'll bet you'll be plenty happy with the results.

>Last, how do I figure out image size ratios
>when using the tubes?

Roughly, reproduction ratio is the ratio of extension to focal length, so a
25mm extension will give you a 1/2 life size image.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229